My Treo 650 was acting a little strange during my travails in travel on Tuesday. Wednesday morning it got even weirder, and by noon it stopped working at all.
I’m in Miami for the week, and I feel a bit vulnerable without having the ability to connect with folks, either at home, in the family, or people I want to see/meet here.
But beyond that, I don’t know what to do moving forward. Palm is dead as a platform. The rumored impending release of the 3G network iPhone would be absolutely perfect, except:
- The rumor is completely unsubstantiated, it started as an off-hand comment by Walt Mossberg, and is fueled entirely by wanton wishful thinking
- I need something now, not in a month or two
- It would mean giving a(nother) red cent to AT&T after they:
- flagrantly and recklessly colluded with the NSA to violate the law and our Constitutional rights.
- decided all of your personal information? yeah, that’s now “Marketing Information” they're free to use (and sell) as they see fit.
- etc, etc, etc
It’s that last one that is so problematic. I feel completely hypocritical even considering an iPhone. Yeah, sure, Android, um, see #2 above.